Partial Hospitalization Rehab Benefits
Many patients in recovery prefer partial hospitalization rehab over other rehab programs. To find out if this option is right for you, we need to examine the differences between partial hospitalization rehab and other treatment options.
What is a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)? How Does PHP Work?
A PHP is a method of addiction treatment that is a step up from part-time outpatient treatment, but at a lower level of commitment than full residential inpatient treatment.
Instead of residing on-site at your rehab facility of choice, you would continue to live at home. But unlike outpatient treatment, PHPs offer a more intensive program that consists of approximately 30 hours per week for the duration of your treatment.
You would spend evenings and nights at home and attend meetings, therapy, and other rehab offerings during “day job” hours. It would be challenging to maintain a full-time job alongside a full-time PHP. If your goal is to work while you are in treatment, consider an outpatient program instead.
However, if partial hospitalization rehab sounds like a good fit for your lifestyle, it can be a great way to achieve lasting success in recovery while balancing your commitments at home.
What are the benefits of partial hospitalization rehab over other options?
Partial hospitalization is a “middle ground” option for patients who need more intensive care than an outpatient program would provide, but who might struggle with meeting the demands of fully inpatient programming.
Daily sessions are highly structured and geared toward long-lasting recovery. While evenings would be free and flexible so you can stay on top of family commitments, take care of your pets, and manage any other responsibilities you may have.
Because PHPs allow patients to live at home, they are often a good choice for parents who need to be home every night with their children. They also tend to be much less expensive than residential inpatient treatment because patients do not have to pay for housing and meals within the facility.
Keep in mind that, because you will be living at home, you will still be immersed in your everyday environment. If you feel that you have a good support network within your family, this can be a huge benefit! But if your support system is lacking and your home life makes your addiction even more challenging to deal with, you might want to consider a residential inpatient program. If you pursued this option, you would live at the rehab facility for the duration of your treatment, rather than a PHP that would require you to straddle both words simultaneously.
What does Clear Life Recovery offer as part of the partial hospitalization program?
If you are looking for addiction treatment in California, Clear Life Recovery can help. Our PHP offers:
- A lower cost than a residential inpatient program, which can be helpful for patients without medical insurance
- A flexible evening schedule that allows patients to manage their home lives and other important commitments
- An intensive program with very structured daytime activities that provide the best resources possible for holistic wellness and long-term recovery
- A variety of high-quality treatment options within the PHP, including:
- Comprehensive care, from the moment you enter detox to the moment you graduate from sober living
- Treatment for co-occurring conditions (for example, PTSD and heroin addiction occurring together)
- Individual and group therapies ranging from cognitive behavioral therapy to more holistic practices for overall wellness
- Exercise and nutrition programs that emphasize physical health and wellbeing
- Beach activities and outdoor recreation to promote healing and enjoyment of nature
How can you or a loved one get started with partial hospitalization rehab at Clear Life Recovery?
Choosing a PHP is a personal decision based on the extent of your needs and the severity of your addiction. Try to be honest with yourself about what you do and do not need from your treatment program before you decide which option is right for you.
To find out more, give Clear Life Recovery a call or contact us online.
Ask about our partial hospitalization program for more details, or inquire about other options such as outpatient care or inpatient residential treatment if you feel they would be right for you.